Moto E3 Power is very beautifully build and it is very popular smart phone due to it’s budget. But Motorola limits this Moto E3 Power smart phone to lock its boot loader. In this article, we will guide you how to un-lock your Moto E3 Power Smart phone with simple steps and you may flash a ROM, customize your phone or root your phone also. You can do whatever you want to do with your Moto E3 smart phone.
Note: Be careful may be this process of unlocking your boot loader void you Moto E3 Smart Phone warranty.
You may follow the below steps to unlock your boot loader. Apart from this, you can easily install a custom ROM on your device and root your phone, but before that you need to unlock your device first. Here is the step by step guide to follow.
Before you follow the process, please keep in mind :
It may be void your phone warranty which you won’t be able to claim it back.
- It will delete your all phone data so it is advisable to take backup for whole phone.
- Before you begin, your phone must be charged with at least 50 percent charging or above that as it will prevent the sudden shut down in between the unlocking process.
How to Unlock bootloader of Moto E3 Power :
Step 1: Enable “USB Debugging Mode” and after that enable ‘OEM Unlock’ Option.
To enable the Developer options, go to About Phone and tap the Build option 7 times.
Step 2: On your laptop or desktop install the ADB and Fast Boot driver if you have window system than download this software from here.
Step 3: After driver installation go to ADB folder (it may appeared in your installation directory) and find the file name fastboot.exe.
Step 4: Open in command window mode for this hold “Shift” key and right click on anywhere in the folder you see the option Open command window here. Now click it.
Step 5: After doing this, connect your phone with computer and enter the fast boot mode. You can type the command, “adb reboot bootloader” in command prompt to enter into fast boot mode.
Step 6: Now enter the command “fastboot oem get unlock data” in the given command window.
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- Step 7: As soon as you will enter the above command, it will return you a string. You have to copy the given code in the notepad and delete the remaining blank spaces so that you may get a single line string.
- Step 8: Now move towards the Motorola’s unlock the boot loader site and sign up to the new Google plus account.
- Step 9: After signing in to that, paste the above string in the bottom of the Moto site after which click or tap upon the “Can my device be unlocked?” Here you will have to accept the terms and conditions by making a click on I Accept.
- Step 10: After this, one unlocking key will be sent to you on your E-mail ID, which you had used to register at Motorola site.
- Step 11: The next step is to copy the Unlock key and execute the command, “fastboot oem unlock UNLOCK_KEY”
fastboot oem unlock UNLOCK_KEY
- Step 12: This command will unlock your boot loader of Moto E3 Power.
- Step 13: Now reboot your device and you are done!