Have you got the news that from now you can download the TWRP for Asus Zen Fone 3? No? Let me tell you!
It is pleasing to know that from now you can easily download your recovery and flash it through fast boot. Here we have brought to you a detailed guide about the simplest method of Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zen Fone 3.
If you are already using Asus Zen Fone 3, then you can unlock bootloader, root the same and also install TWRP Recovery on it by following some simple steps. check also my recent post Asus ZenFone Max Full firmware Update with VoLTE Support (Download) . If you have already installed the custom recovery on Asus Zen Fone 3, then also you can flash the fresh and latest version of TWRP recovery.
So shall we move further?
Read First :
- This process may lead you to void your warranty of device.
- Kindly follow all the steps very carefully to save from bricking of the device.
- It is tend to erase all your data so try to keep all the phone back up before you actually begin the process.
- Don’t forget to maintain the minimum battery level of your phone to 50 to 60 %
Files required to Unlock Bootloader, Root and Install Custom Recovery on Asus ZenFone 3 –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- All-in-one Master zip for Asus Zenfone 3 (unlock App+driver+adb+fastboot+twrp+SuperSU.zip) – Download
How to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Asus ZenFone 3
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Asus ZenFone 3 :
- enable USB debugging plus OEM Unlock and for that go to Settings > developer options >. If you have not enabled the developer option yet, then go to About Phone > tap on the build number 7 times.
- Now download master zip file and unzip the same.
- After this boot your Asus Zenfone 3 into bootloader mode and for that you need to switch off it and then press plus hold the up volume and power buttons together.
- As per your model number have double click on the below files.
How to install TWRP on Asus Zenfone 3 :
- First go to Settings > developer option > enable USB debugging and OEM unlock
- go to installation directory and open the ADB folder after which press and hold the ‘shift’ key along with right click to anywhere on the folder.
- connect your device with computer and reboot into fast boot mode for which type the command
4. check your connection by entering the below command .
5. Type the Below command and enter. It will start flashing the recovery on your device.
6. congratulations! You have successfully installed the custom recovery on Asus ZenFone 3
How to root Asus ZenFone 3 :
- Download the file named SuperSu zip from the above.
- Save it into your phone.
- Now boot your phone into Recovery mode and for that press volume up and power button.
- Now go to TWRP recovery and install Zip file and select upon the SuperSu.zip to root Asus ZenFone 3.
- swipe now to install SuperSu and then reboot your phone.
- you can use the command “adb push dot.supersu / data/ supersu” also to push .supersu file into the data.
- now select the ADB sideload in the main TWRP menu and then follow the given command below to push root files. “adbsideload SuperSU.zip”
- You are successfully done now!
Source – XDA