Easy method to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Mi Note 2. The phone already available in the market and if you purchased this device and looking for a way to root mi note 2 then you are in the right place. We share how to install twrp Recovery and root your mi note 2. First proccess is that , you want to install twrp recovery on mi note 2 after that flash supersu to root mi 2. Recently, twrp recovery got up to date with material designed to twrp 3.0.0. That means you can easily install the latest twrp 18.104.22.168 on your Mi Note 2. Read and follow this whole steps to install twrp recovery and root mi note 2.
If you are using mi note 2 , then you can root and install twrp recovery on mi note 2. Thanks to android developers who provide the unofficial twrp for mi note 2. Here is the step by step Method to root and install twrp recovery on mi note 2.
Some good benefits of Rooting Mi note 2 :
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- After you root Mi Note 2 and install TWRP on it, you can install Xposed Framework to customize your phone.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
You can also use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
Read this first :
- First you need to Unlock the bootloader of Mi Note 2. check this : How to unlock Bootloader of Mi Note 2 .
- Follow the steps carefully otherwise you may lost your phone.
- Viraltricks are not responsible for any damage to your device.
- It may erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Your phone has at least 60% charged.
Required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Mi Note 2 :
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows and install it on your PC. This will also install your phone driver.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Mi Note 2 .
- Download SuperSu to root Mi Note 2 and copy it to your phone sd card.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Mi Note 2 :
Install TWRP on Mi Note 2 :
1) First you need to enable USB debugging from setting: developer option :. To enable Developer Options, go to the setting then About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) After that go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing .
adb reboot bootloader
4) Now You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your phone serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It will install TWRP recovery on Mi Note 2
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) Now type below command to boot into recovery.
fastboot boot recovery.img
7) Now follow below steps without leaving TWRP
Steps to Root Mi Note 2 :
1) With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
2) Now select your preferred Language and set it to what you want, tap “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allow modification.
3) Now Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data”, and type “yes”
4) Now without leaving TWRP, transfer the SuperSu zip to your device over MTP.
5) Now from the main menu navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Mi Note 2.
6) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device.