Now a days every android Lovers who loves modding and tweaking their android phone, who want to do various firmware’s, root their android device, install a custom rom and kernel’s, first they want to unlock their bootloader and install custom recovery in this methods, the users need to install ADB and fastboot drivers. And in this topic, we help you to install ADB and fastboot on windows.
ADB (Android Debug Bridge) : ADB is a small debug tool that you found in android software development kit (sdk). Android Debug Bridge is a command line tool that’s communicate your android device with a computer or laptop. With ADB, you can control your device from the PC vis usb, transfer files and run powerful shell commands. You may use Android Debug Bridge to send terminal commands to an android device to make system level changes.
Meaning of fastboot : Like ADB fastboot is also a part of SDK. Fastboot is a tool that assist you to to reflash partition and photo files in your android device. In fastboot, system you can modify the file system photos from a computer over a usb connection. Like recovery, you may also install updates and zip files from fastboot.
Best ways to setup ADB and Fastboot on windows :
Setting up adb and fastboot is easy. since they both are part of the android sdk package, all you want to do is download the package and set up setting path variables, or you may use below steps to install adb and fastboot driver on windows. One of the first things to consider is to put your device in usb debugging mode. With out doing this, your computer won’t recognize your device.
Install ADB and fastboot on windows :
There are Two great ways to install ADB and fastboot on windows 10,8/8.1/7 and xp. 1ST one is 15 sec ADB installer and the second one is minimal adb and fastboot. So guys Let’s start with intall adb and fastboot driver with 15 sec adb installer.
Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver on Windows with 15 sec ADB installer :
1) First, Download ADB Installer setup file by XDA Developer member @Snoop05. It not only installs ADB it also installs fastboot and USB drivers within 15 seconds.
2) After that run the Exe file adb-setup-1.3.exe.
3) Now you see the on-screen command window, follow the instruction. Type ‘Y’ to install the ADB and fastboot driver.
4) It will install the ADB and fastboot drivers on your computer and copied the required files to a particular location.
5) Now type ‘Y’ again to install your device driver. It will take some seconds to install device drivers and after that, your command window will close automatically.
6) WOW you successfully install ADB and fastboot on Windows PC 🙂 🙂
Download and Install ADB and fastboot on Windows with Minimal ADB and Fastboot :
1) First Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot setup by XDA developer member @shimp208.
2) Now Run the file minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.3.1_setup.exe.
3) Afer that See the wizard’s instructions and select where you would like to install Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
4) Select the location of the file & complete the setup by following the instruction.
5) Now you successfully install Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your PC.