As you must know that CyanogenMod is the predecessor of current Lineage OS ROM. Lineage OS ROM is one of the most popular custom ROMS nowadays for any of the Android device. It is used for almost all the Android phones.
Recently Cynogen has made an announcement that it has withdrew its earlier services. And the considered main reason for this is closing down of Cyanogen Inc. Being an open source, CyanogenMod has end up its service and instead of its place Lineage OS has started from where the earlier had left. Although only few weeks older, Lineage OS has received its own logo too.
If you are interested to know more about this and play with your device by downloading and installing this Lineage OS for Android ROM on your device, then you are at the right place! You may follow the given below steps to move further in this process.
- Install USB Drivers on desktop or laptop for you device.
- Take full back of you device.
- Make ensure that your phone is charged with at least 50 percentage of battery to avoid the sudden shutdown in between process.
- If your device don’t have TWRP installed then install it from here How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device
ViralTricks.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
Note: Most of the custom ROMs do not have G-apps therefore you need to download it separately. Download Google G-apps.
Now you can begin the process to Install Lineage OS for Android device.
Installation of Lineage os on any android device via TWRP Recovery :
- Step 1: Need to download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM and Nougat G-apps into your internal storage of phone.
- Step 2: Boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode.
- Step 3: Choose ‘Wipe’ option from TWRP main menu and select ‘Swipe to Factory Reset’ Option.
- Step 4: Once it is done, return to TWRP menu and click on ‘Install’ option and select the file which you have stored in your internal storage of your phone from step 1.
- Step 5: Select the .zip file and choose “Swipe to confirm Flash” option to start the installation process.
note: This process may take some time so keep your mind in patience mode.
- Step 6: Once it is done, select “Wipe cache/dalvik” option and wipe out all useless data.
- Now flash the Nougat Gapps file
- Once done, reboot your device from the TWRP main menu
- Check also : Root Lineage os easily