GUIDE TO MANUALLY UPDATE GOOGLE NEXUS 9 TO NMF26F (ANDROID 7.1.1)
Here in this tutorial, you will learn the process of Manually Update Google Nexus 9 to NMF26F (Android 7.1.1). In the year of 2016, the HTC Nexus 9 had received its own Android 7.0 Nougat, and now it has got new Android 7.1.1 update in last December 2016.
If the Nexus 9 of your device is not rooted or the boot loader is trapped or locked yet, you may get the upgradation notifications. For updating this issue through OTA, you may straight go to Settings> About Phone> System Update. If you don’t find any update, just wait for some more days as it is possible that OTA may come soon to your region. In the condition of not receiving the HTC Nexus 9 the Android Nougat 7.1.1 update, you may follow the following steps to Manually Update Google Nexus 9 to NMF26F (Android 7.1.1).
Read this first :
- First of all charge your phone with enough battery storage before you start. Minimum battery required is 80%.
- Now download USB driver for Nexus on your PC > USB Drivers
- We would like to inform you that this guide is for the exclusive use for Nexus 9 with the Unlocked boot loader. Hence, do not try it on any other device.
- Check the availability of ADB driver with you installed and in working condition as it is important. Fastest way to download Android ADB and Fast boot along with drivers on windows is here.
Now follow the given instructions below :
- Now you have to unlock the boot loader of your Nexus tool.
- Install Android 7.1.1 Factory image on the desktop background of your computer for the Nexus 9 from the link given above.
- Now connect your device with the computer with USB cable.
- Now you may disconnect the Nexus device from the PC.
- You have to extract the image of factory file, which you have downloaded in first step on your PC. You must have flash-all.bat file. If you don’t have then get them again.
- The next step is to boot the Nexus device into boot loader or fast boot mode.
- Now switch off your device.
- After doing this, press and just hold the buttons of down volume and power together until you find something on the screen.
- Now connect the Nexus device to your PC with USB cable.
- You have to now double click on the flash-all.bat on windows.
Congratulations! You are done now.
When all the files will be installed, your Nexus 9 will work as per NMF26F.
Write to us for any queries !