Root your Google Nexus 5X and Install TWRP recovery
As we all know, Google has launched two Nexus devices. First one is LG Nexus 5x from LG and the second is Huawei Nexus 6P. Google Nexus 5x is the pocket affordable and upgraded model of Nexus 5, whereas Google Nexus 6P is a flagship smartphone.
Following are the simple steps to root Google Nexus 5x and install TWRP recovery. First of all you will have to install the custom recovery and then you can flash the SuperSU package to get the root access on your phone. check this also : Root your Android N using SuperSU Application [GUIDE]
Make sure you have enough battery backup in your device to move further in this process, which is minimum 80%.
You must know that this guideline is only for the Nexus 5x and rooting your device may lead you to void your warranty also. Once you complete your rooting, you can tweak your device.
You can also unroot your device if you wish. To make your device work faster you can overclock or underclock the CPU too.
Follow the basic steps:
- To install a custom recovery such as TWRP on your device, you need to unlock the boot loader. Guide : How to Unlock the Bootloader of any Android with Fast boot mode.
- Set up the ADB and fast boot mode on your PC.
- Now you have to install Motorola USB drivers on your computer.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging
Method : Enable USB Debugging and Developer Options and on Android [JB/KK/L/MM]
- Developer Options > Enable OEM Unlock
Download TWRP recovery — Link | File: twrp-126.96.36.199-bullhead.img (15.9MB)
Download SuperSU root package — Link | File: BETA-SuperSU-v2.52.zip (3.8 MB)
- You must have to download the recovery and suitable SuperSU zip files. After that, transfer them to your computer. Keep the SuperSU package file into your device’s internal storage.
- You should setup ADB and fast boot on your computer and also accept the command of ‘Always allow from this computer’, to enable USB debugging, whenever you plug in the device for the first time.
- Now you can switch off your phone and unplug the same from your computer.
- Now you have to boot into the boot loader or say fast boot mode. For this, press and hold the down volume button along with power button altogether for 5 to 6 seconds.
- Now download the TWRP recovery from the Downloads and keep the same inside ADB Folder.
- After that install the TWRP recovery on Google Nexus 5x.
- Now you can take backup to your current ROM guide.
- Download the SuperSU file from the download section and put the same in the internal memory section.
- Come back to the recovery menu bar and flash SuperSU on Nexus 6P and root it.
- Congratulations! You are done now !