Smart phones are becoming very popular these days and it is used by all kinds of people as the smart phones have become user friendly to everyone. Most of the people always want to utilize all the features in any device. It does not matter whether it is useful for them or not, people always try to use all the given features.
They try to use most of the features mostly and there are people who try to use all the features at least once.The fact is the manufacturer of the device not usually give access to all the features to use. In such cases we need rooting.
Rooting is the process of allowing the user to gain access to all the available features of the smart phones or gadgets easily irrespective of the restrictions given by the operating system.
See also :Guidelines to root your Android mobile without computer
We can simply put it as rooting allows the user to take control of the operating system in order to use the smart phones beyond the limitations. Full access to the phone is possible through rooting. In the android devices it is called rooting and in iOS devices it is called jail breaking.
Rooting TWRP recovery on LG G5 : Rooting is mainly used in android devices and the term rooting has been developed when the android platform was gaining the familiarity. TWRP is the recovery software used in the android based devices to back up the device and to recover when it is necessary.
TWRP is released by Team Win Company and it is widely used in the android phones. It is a touch screen interface which allows the user back up the current system.
Basically LG supports the unblock boot loader in LG G5 which assists the user to root and install the TWRP recovery easily.
- To root and install TWRP recovery we need ADB and fastboot driver for windows and MAC as per the system you use.
- Then download the TWRP recovery and save it in the ADB folder, finally rename it as recovery.img. Now download SuperSu to root LG G5 and copy the same to your SD card.
#After downloading all these set up files and drivers, we have the following steps to root and install TWRP recovery on LG G5 –
Files required to Install and root LG G5 custom recovery :
#1 Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows This will also install your device driver.
#2 Download TWRP Recovery for LG G5 and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
#3 Download SuperSU to root LG G5 and copy it to your phone sd card.
1) First step is to enable USB debugging on your android device.
2) Open the ADD folder and right click to choose the open command window here.
3) Connect your phone to the PC and reboot the device to fast boot mode.
4) Using the command fastboot devices in command prompt, check your connection, if it shows your device serial number then your device is connected perfectly.
5) Using the command fastboot recovery recovery.img you will see the flashing recovery on your phone
6) Using the fastboot recovery reboot your phone to recovery mode, here the custom recovery is successfully installed in the phone.
7) In the TWRP recovery, navigate and Install Zip and then root your LG G5 through SuperSu.zip.
8) Install SuperSu and reboot your device. Now you have finished rooting and installing TWRP recovery on LG G5 successfully.